DIY and Entry-Level 3D-Scanner Forum

www.diy3dscan.com
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:27 am 
Site Admin

rick wrote:
Hi, Bernhard! Thanks for your advise! Hope to see your results!
However in ReMe, if I reduce the distance to less 38cm,the software won't get 3d datas of the object.
For example, it gets my eyes while losing my nose. How come?

Please try Skanect by Manctl as well and see, if you get below 38cm. If not, could you please double check that you have a Carmine 1.09 short range sensor and not a Carmine 1.08?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:40 pm 

Scantastic wrote:
rick wrote:
However in ReMe, if I reduce the distance to less 38cm,the software won't get 3d datas of the object.

First, you have to make sure your whole head is within the bounding box before you start. The nose might have been outside the bounds. Second, if you are in biunds then you need to pull away to get your nose. For the best resolution you want to be as close as possible, but if too close you get under the near point of the scanning range. With virtuspecs and Carmine it can be a fine line. The more you scan with it, the better your sense of effective range.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I will try to scan according to your description.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:08 pm 

virtumake wrote:
rick wrote:

Please try Skanect by Manctl as well and see, if you get below 38cm. If not, could you please double check that you have a Carmine 1.09 short range sensor and not a Carmine 1.08?

Glad to get your guidance.
Firstly, there is no doubt that I bought a Carmine 1.09.
Secondly, I have tried Skanect 1.2 (free version , limited export). As you said yesterday, I can reduce the distance to 25cm without any difficulty.
However, my PC is a little bit old.The CUDA device specs are NOT enough for GPU fusion. The result is not ideal.
I plan to buy a new laptop, and then have a try!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:16 pm 

Thanks for the mod, I will definitely give it a try with my Asus Xition. This makes me wonder if these types of devices should have an adjustable lens like normal cameras to adjust for distances

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:59 pm 

Before I do... will this work on the Asus :?:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:52 am 

hi all,

I have just receive my Primesense Carmine scanner and give it a try with glasses mod but have pretty bad results: nothing pass threw lenses !
i figure out it was because lenses are in plastic.
i am from france, and here you can buy this type of lenses in every corner shop but due to that, most lenses you can find are in cheap plastic, not glass!

try to go to my nearest optical center but they said this tiny type of lens need to be done by hand and they dont have right tool. Some kind of optician tell me to go to optical shcool to test if they can do it for me.

so here i am.
it's quite a quest !

see you for the next chapter !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:12 am 

Hi,

i have juste receive my mineral glasses from my nearest optician, with ajusted optic focus to the border to adjust glasses on carmine sensor
i use skanect and carmin 1.09 short range to scan and ... nothing !

like Huges on previous post i got nothing in range.
i will do a video to show you what i see.

have people get this mod work ? what sort of lenses do you use, how do you put it on ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:05 pm 

When I was using carmine with specs I first had success simply holding the lenses in place with rubber bands. He lenses were drug store specials and rectangular in shape. I placed them with the long axis of the rectangle vertically. Then, I looped the rubber bands over the overhanging part of the lens above, wrapped it behind he carmine and the captured the lower overhang.

Later, I printed Virtumake's virtuspecs from thingiverse. I then had my optician grind three quality lenses to fit into the virtuspecs and then snap the unit in place as needed. It's not an easy grind as the diameter needed is quite a bit smaller than typical eyeglasses lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi singaii!

Sry to read that it does not work for you. Which 3D scan software do you use? I experienced that Skanect is a good tool with the VirtuSpecs mod. Artec Studio is a little sensitive. Sometimes I need to put my hand about 30cm in front of the scanner for some time, so it has something to catch. Once it got the hand, it works nice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:12 am 

I'm in the uk just ordered my carmine 1.09 10 to 14 days, will def try the glasses,is the USB power output any different than America,I don't want to blow it up the day I receive it

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next