DIY and Entry-Level 3D-Scanner Forum

www.diy3dscan.com
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:39 pm 

I'm in the USA :-(

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Myron!

You can download the STL file from Thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:73258 and let it be printed on www.shapeways.com or www.imaterialize.com

Once you got the print, ask your local optometrist to make th +2.5 lenses for th VirtuSpecs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:01 pm 

Thanks for the response Bernhard, have downloaded the file and looking at getting it printed by a local ultimaker owner.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:49 am 

I am ready to buy the Carmine 1.09 but just found my computer may not capable to handle scanning. Someone in the Skanect forum said that not able to work in high fidelity by using his i5 computer. I saw Skanect recommended: Windows 7 (64 bits), Intel i7, 4 Gb RAM, NVidia GTX 560 or higher. Mine is only i3 and need to buy a new computer before entering into this virtuspace... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:06 pm 

Hi! Bernhard, can we get more detail if we use +3.0 or stronger power glasses in front of the Carmine scanner?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

I tried it once, but the range in which the scanner could actually render an image was so small, that I always lost track.

I think it should work, but the scanning process is quite difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:09 pm 

Comparing with Artec Studio and RecontructMe, which software can get better result? Would you give me an advice(Pro and Cons)? Thanks!!

Leo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:59 pm 

I'll let Virtumake give you the comparisons, but you should include Skanect as well which is what I use for features vs price point.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Well, in my opinon, you can get good results from Artec, ReMe and Skanect. I can not get ReMe work on my Win 8 machine, so I'll just talk about Skanect and Artec.

Both do textures, both split scanning and reconstructing the 3D model. However Artec has much more tools to manipulate the scans to get the most from your scanningsession.

If I scan clients and have just one chance to get a good result, I choose Artec. It has a steep lerning curve, but once you are into it, you can get a superb result from almost any scanning session. I like Skanect too and the developers do a great job, but Artec has a longer history in this business and their software is really great.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:06 am 

Great mod - thanks for sharing with a CC license. Quick question: have you run a calibration after fitting the glasses?
When I tried the low-tech glasses with tape, the scan alignment in ReMe and Skanect was off, so I couldn't scan around objects.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next